What Personal Data We Collect And Why We Collect It
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
- register on our website or app;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Why Do We Collect, Use And Disclose Personal Information
- to enable you to access and use our website, services, online shop;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services, online shop, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Using Our Website And Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Storage And Security Of Your Information
We receive and store information you enter on our website or provide to us in another way from time to time. The types of information we may collect and store include basic contact information such as your name, business, website address, phone number, address and email contact to enable us to send information or contact you. At times, we may also collect additional information, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with our support team.
Jomartin.com will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your collected Personal Data while in our possession or control. All information we receive from you is stored and protected on our secure servers in order to avoid unauthorised use or access. Credit card information is encrypted before transmission and is not stored by us on our servers.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as required to provide designated services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve any disputes and enforce our agreements.
In the unlikely event there is a breach of our security and your personal information is compromised, we will immediately notify you in compliance with the applicable law.
We assure our clients, users and visitors that we strive to ensure consistency in the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website , and periodically update our security measures in line with advances in current technologies.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we use encryption and auditing and monitoring of internal staff access to personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
If there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your personal information could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
Disclosure Of Personal Information Outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to technology suppliers, third party suppliers and cloud providers located in the Netherlands and United Kingdom.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
To support our web visitors and clients from the EU we offer the following further information in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Jo Martin is the data controller and responsible for collecting and safely securing your information.
- As the data controller we can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org in relation to any matter regarding your privacy.
- We do not make automated decisions with any personal information you supply to us.
- Under the GDPR as an EU citizen you have the
a) Right to be informed
b) Right to access
c) Right of rectification
d) Right of erasure
e) Right to restrict data processing
f) Right to data portability
g) Right to object
h) Rights of automated decision making and profiling.
- Providing your name and email to us is mandatory should you wish to sign up to the newsletter. No other information is required.
- We do not transfer data internationally.
- We collect name and email information for communication purposes.
Do We Use Your Personal Information For Direct Marketing
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and products if you have requested or subscribed to them. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
What Are Your Rights Concerning Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Accessing Or Correcting Your Personal Information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the Contact Us form. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making A Complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this policy. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Your Contact Information
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode, credit card information and contact details.
Additional Terms And Conditions
By using this website you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “We” and “Our” refers to Jo Martin and “You” and “Your” refers to you the client, visitor, user or person browsing the website.
Limitation Of Liability
It is an essential precondition to you using our website that you agree and accept that jomartin.com is not legally responsible for any loss or damage you may suffer related to your use of the website, whether from errors or omissions in our documents or information, from any goods or services we offer, or from any other use of the website. This includes your use or reliance on any third-party content, links, comments or advertisements. Your use of, or reliance on, any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific, personal requirements. You acknowledge that ultimately, we cannot and will not make this judgement for you. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Competition And Consumer Act
For the purposes of Schedule 2 of the Australian Consumer Law, in particular Sections 51 to 53, 64 and 64A of Part 3-2, Division 1, Subdivision A of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), jomartin.com’s liability for any breach of a term of this agreement is limited to: the supplying of the goods or services to you again; the replacement of the goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied to you again.
You must be over 18 years of age to purchase any goods or services.
PO Box 732
Leichhardt NSW 2040
Effective: 16 February 2020